The mission of the Utah Career Development Association is to promote career development principles and practices. To achieve this, UCDA fosters a partnership among career development practitioners, counselors, and advisors across the State of Utah in order to establish and improve the standards of professional service in the field of career development. In addition, UCDA will endeavor to:
- Encourage and foster career development assistance over the life span.
- Foster a sense of community and shared resources among career development professionals from diverse areas including industry, K-12, colleges and universities, and private practices.
- Provide a diverse network of support, resources, and information for members through professional development and training opportunities.
- Inform, practice, and promote high standards and principles of career development/career counseling.
- Endorse the incorporation of theory and effective practice models into career development services.